Monday, July 14, 2008

Change in Plans

The Pioneer Woman asked "How similar is your life now to how you imagined it ten years ago? Twenty years ago? Are you exactly where you imagined you’d be? Or are you constantly asking yourself, “How did I get here?” Do you mourn the unrealized plans in your life? Or are you happy no matter what your circumstances?"
I would have to go with the ten years ago option. My life is not what I thought it would be at all. I thought I would have the 2.5 children, the 1.5 dog and cat. I thought I would have a house in the country and eventually have horses. I thought my husband would be a business man and we would go out and eat fancy dinners and drink really good wines, see the theater down town, go to art shows.
I instead have 4 cats, 2 Dogs, 5.5 horses (.5 is a filly borne this year), a husband that is a trades man and 16 acres with a 103 year old house. No, I really don't know how I got to this path in life it really isn't the one I had planned out for me, it just happened. We don't go to the theater but to horse auctions. We also don't go to art shows we go instead to horse shows. My life is very different from what my high school and college days had thought. I also learned to knit. Never thought that was going to happen. And the knitting bug bit me hard. I have been knitting since November of 05. I can't put the needles down. : )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad, my plans didn't pan out from 10 years ago either, I got the goals down somewhat but still don't have that master's degree, so, like you nothing is quite like I planned it. Damn to a point.

~drew emborsky~ said...

But the question that pops to mind then is, are you disappointed that you don't have the life imagined or are you fascinated by how life seems to have other plans for you?

~drew~
http://blog.thecrochetdude.com